This is the outline of when and where things will be happening. See the schedule of specific program items during the convention determined during the Open Space Programming mixer on Friday evening for more details.
Thursday, December 2
- 2 PM – 7 PM: St. George’s Distillery Tour (Meet in Lobby at 1:45 prior to departure)
- 7 PM – ?: Hospitality Suite open (Grand Suite, 6th floor)
- 7 PM – 10 PM: Registration Open in the Hospitality Suite
Friday, December 3
- 9 AM – ?: Hospitality Suite open (Grand Suite, 6th floor)
- 9 AM – 5 PM and 7 PM – 10 PM: Registration open (Hotel Lobby)
- 10 AM – 1 PM: Bid Trail Boot Camp (Sainte Claire Room)
- 7 PM – 8 PM: Informal Reception with food prior to the Open Space Programming/Mixer (Fireplace Lounge/Palm Room)
- 8 PM – 10 PM: Open Space Programming: Plan the SMOFCon 28 Program (Fireplace Lounge/Palm Room)
Saturday, December 4
- 8 AM – 7:30 PM and 10:30 PM – ?: Hospitality Suite open (Grand Suite, 6th floor)
- 8 AM – 5 PM: Registration open (Hotel Lobby)
- 10 AM – Noon and 2 PM – 5 PM: Main Programming (Grand Ballroom, Sainte Claire Room, Santa Vesta Room)
- 12:55 PM – 1:55 PM: Convention Center Tour (meet in hotel lobby)
- 8 PM – 10 PM: SMOFCon 29 Site Selection & “Fannish Inquisition” (San José McEnery Convention Center, Room K (ground floor, Market Street entrance)
- Sometime after Inquisition: Probability & Statistics Seminar; separate sign-up required (Santa Vesta Room)
Sunday, December 5
- 8 AM – ?: Hospitality Suite open (Grand Suite, 6th floor)
- 10 AM – Noon and 2 PM – 4 PM: Main Programming (Grand Ballroom, Sainte Claire Room)
- 4 PM: Feedback Session and Look Ahead to SMOFCon 29 (Grand Ballroom)
We plan to have 2-hour lunch breaks on Saturday and Sunday based on the feedback we received last year at SMOFCon 27 in Austin that one hour was too short.
Where Things Are
All function rooms except Room K are in the Sainte Claire Hotel
- The Grand Ballroom (daytime programming) and the Fireplace Lounge (Palm Room) (Friday mixer) are on the ground floor of the Sainte Claire Hotel
- The Sainte Claire Room (Bid Trail Boot Camp, daytime programming) and Santa Vesta Room (daytime round-table programming, informal evening programming) and Boardroom (Small private meetings and break-out sessions) are on the second floor of the Sainte Claire Hotel
- The Grande Suite (Hospitality) is on the sixth floor of the Sainte Claire Hotel
- Room K (Fannish Inquisition) is on the lower level of the San José McEnery Convention Center, across Market Street from the Sainte Claire, near the Market Street entrances on the “Marriott” end of the building. Click here for a walking map from the front door of the Sainte Claire to the Convention Center Market Street entrance.
Data Projector Available
We will have one data projector and a screen available for use in Programming if desired.